We have certain conditions attached to the use of our function rooms, and for the benefit of all and to ensure that there are no misunderstandings:
- We strongly recommend that our customers take out an insurance policy against cancellation, we are happy to supply details of available policies.
- Minimum numbers apply and this is the amount which will be invoiced for unless your party exceeds this.
- No outside caterers are allowed to be used at West lodge Park Hotel.
- Corkage is not permitted.
- Prices are subject to change. The prices at the time the event takes place will be applied.
- Fireworks charge:
- There is a £200 land fee applicable for any WLP wedding or celebration organiser bringing a fireworks company to the hotel for the purposes of setting off fireworks during their function. The fireworks company must show the Meetings and Events office team at least one week prior their Public Liability insurance document for a minimum of £10M. Fireworks may only be set off from the helipad, and any display must be finished by 10pm to avoid disturbing our other guests and local residents. Fireworks debris must be cleared up by the fireworks company or an additional charge will be payable by the function organiser depending on the amount to be cleared up.
- Confetti permitted outside only and must be bio-degradable.
- Please note that all items should be removed from the function rooms at the end of the hire period. The hotel does not accept liability for any items left at the hotel.
Music in function rooms at West Lodge Park, your country retreat:
- Our basic music policy can be summed up thus: We want you and your guests to enjoy yourselves but no one should disturb the quiet enjoyment of any other guests at the hotel.
- The function rooms are fine period rooms, built in 1838 without insulation from the bedrooms above.
- As guests’ bedrooms are located directly above our function rooms, music is permitted to be played until 11pm and no later
- If you wish to have a longer period of music at your function, we respectfully suggest starting your event sooner to allow more time for your guests to enjoy the time after the meal.
- Function room doors must remain closed to avoid noise disturbing our other guests in the Mary Beale restaurant, Terrace bar, lounges and bedrooms
- The following bands come recommended by our Director of Music, Paul Jaffa:
The Paul Jaffa House Band - keyboard, female vocals, acoustic guitar, backing - 07949 884245
Shadowman and the Silhouettes – contact Paul Jaffa for more details
If you are booking your own musicians, they must be approved by our Director of Music Paul Jaffa in advance. Please contact Paul, who is available at 07949 884 245, email@example.com, and www.pauljaffa.co.uk No bands that have not been cleared by Paul in advance will be permitted.
- Loud amplified music, discos and DJs are strictly forbidden.
- Sound meters are used and a maximum decibel limit is 85db.
- Acceptable instruments include:
Strings (violin/viola/cello/double bass)
Singers (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass)
Controllable electric drums
- Instruments not permitted include:
Trumpet and trombones
- Acceptable music genres at West Lodge Park include:
- Unacceptable music genres at West Lodge Park include:
Drum and bass
Heavy Metal etc
- West Lodge Park is a Country Retreat hotel and reserves the right to cancel any music if it is felt to be inappropriate, or to ask you to reduce the volume at any time.
Updated August 2017
or call a member of our team on 020 8216 3900.