Friday 15th January 2021
Dear guests of Beales Hotels,
I sincerely hope you are weathering these difficult days, and can get a vaccine if you are able to.
The UK is in Tier 4 National lockdown until further notice.
We are still able to welcome business and essential travellers to the hotel bedrooms, and small meetings and film shoots to the conference and banqueting rooms.
From Friday 15th January 2021 until further notice:
Open – Residents dining – the hotel is serving residents from a very limited menu room service, lunch, and dinner seven days a week. View the menu here. The government states that room service in hotels and other guest accommodation continues to be permitted, but should be ordered by phone or online.
Open – Bedroom stays of an unlimited number of nights at West Lodge Park with room service hot and cold breakfast are permitted by this government under Tier 4 as follows:
Hotels must only provide accommodation for a person who:
- is unable to return to their main residence
- uses it as their main residence
- needs it while moving house
- needs it to attend a funeral, linked commemorative event or following a bereavement of a close family member or friend
- is isolating themselves from others as required by law
- is an elite athlete (or their coach or parent) and needs it for training or competition
- needs it for work purposes, or to provide voluntary or charitable service
- is homeless
- was staying there for when England entered lockdown
- needs it to attend education or training
- needs it to visit a person who is dying
- needs it to care for a vulnerable person or seek respite from doing so
- needs it to attend a medical appointment or treatment
- needs it as a parent for the purposes of access to a child where the child does not live in the same household as their parents or one of their parents
Open – Conference and banqueting rooms are open for the following events according to the government:
Permitted venues, including exhibition and conference centres, can hire out function and event spaces for essential work, education and training purposes, where these events cannot reasonably be conducted from home. However, they must not host conferences, exhibitions, trade shows, private dining events or banquets.
Meetings for work, training or education purposes should not take place unless the event cannot be delayed, where it cannot reasonably be conducted from home, and if social distancing can be maintained and the venue can demonstrate it has followed COVID-19 guidance.
Event spaces, including in hotels conference centres and exhibition halls, can also be used to provide socially beneficial public services such as Nightingale hospitals or food banks. People can only mix between households if an exemption applies - for example, if it is for work purposes, or voluntary or charitable purposes.
As well as specific exemptions as set out in their relevant section, any closed premises hotel can open for the purposes of:
- enabling access by the site owners or managers, staff or people authorised by them (including volunteers) for maintenance where this is reasonably necessary. This may include exhibit maintenance, animal or plant feeding, or repairs. Other work to ensure readiness to open, such as receiving deliveries of supplies, may also go ahead
- providing essential voluntary or public services (including the provision of food banks or other support to the homeless or vulnerable, hosting blood donation sessions, or support in an emergency)
- making a film, television programme, audio programme or audio-visual advertisement
- voting or related activities
Open – Our 2021 Special events programme is launched and the brochure is available here. Sadly Burn’s Night event on 29th January and the Valentine’s dinners in mid-February will not be possible under the current restrictions.
Open – the Beale Arboretum is open for winter walks with takeaway tea, coffee and biscuits being served from the Terrace Bar for consumption outside. Details available here.
Closed – The Mary Beale Restaurant is closed to non-residents for breakfast, morning coffee, lunch, and dinner but takeaway and home delivery lunch, afternoon teas and dinners are available here.
Closed – Afternoon Tea is closed to non-residents and hotel residents until further notice but takeaway and home delivery lunch, afternoon teas and dinners are available here.
Closed – The Terrace Bar is closed to non-residents and hotel residents for table service of food and drink until further notice but takeaway and home delivery lunch, afternoon teas and dinners are available here.
Closed – The Conference and banqueting rooms are closed until further notice for weddings, birthday parties, and anniversary celebrations.
Closed – Beales Hotel has sadly been sold due to the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic. West Lodge Park is only about 12 minutes from Hatfield, so we welcome Hatfield guests to West Lodge Park.
Closed – Takeaway and home delivery service.
We have secured Covid 19 secure accreditation and would be happy to share our lengthy Coronavirus policy with you, kindly email me on email@example.com and I would be delighted to send you a copy.
The Reception team headed by Front Office Manager Aziz Benahmed are delighted to welcome you back to the West Lodge Park bedrooms and here are their guidelines for your comfort and security.
Please stay safe and well at this troubling time
Managing Director, Beales Hotels