Terms: Full Time
Site: West Lodge Park
A vacancy has arisen for a SOUS CHEF at West Lodge Park Hotel, Hadley Wood, a prestigious country house hotel, rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire.
- Salary: Competitive salary plus Gratuities
- Hours: 45hr–5 day week, including evenings and weekends as per the rota
- Live-in accommodation available, if required: subsidised accommodation costs, includes all utilities and x3 meals per day
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Sous Chef to join our Kitchen Brigade. The ideal candidate will be career-minded and hardworking with a passion for food. Previous experience of working as a Sous Chef is preferred, or an experienced or Junior Sous Chef looking to develop. Good work ethic, positive aptitude and motivation, commitment and good team player are essential requirements.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- has good culinary skills and experience of working as a Senior Chef in previous role, preferably in a quality restaurant/culinary environment
- is able to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- is organised, precise, with a keen eye for detail, but can also be creative
- is ability to deal with deliveries and stock rotation, and maintain high standards of food hygiene
- has relevant food safety training and relevant culinary qualifications
- has good interpersonal and communication skills and be good at working as part of a team
- have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations
- have a solid understanding of kitchen hygiene standards and procedures to ensure hygiene compliance
- can evidence proven line management/Supervisory experience
- is enthusiastic, motivational, creativity and someone who strives for excellence.
Beales Hotels, a 9th Generation family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible.
We offer a range of benefits, perks and discounts, including:
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking and uniform
- Live in accommodation available, if required (which includes utilities and x3 meals each day, whether on or off shift)
- Generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre, and various other perks, discounts etc.
- Staff recognition scheme, long service awards etc.
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted. Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)