Terms: Full time
Site: West Lodge Park
A vacancy has arisen for a full time Restaurant Supervisor AT WEST LODGE PARK HOTEL in Hadley Wood
This prestigious country house hotel is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette. The hotel has 58 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar.
This prestigious country house hotel is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette. The hotel has 58 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar, a collection of old master portraits and 35 acres of grounds including the Arboretum with over 800 species of trees, a national collection of Hornbeams and a helipad.
We are currently looking for a Bartender to work in our Mary Beale Restaurant, Terrace Bar.
- Setting up and arranging the Hotel’s food service areas in the Restaurant Bar/Terrace, with overall operational responsibility for supervising and running a section within the Restaurant.
- Proactively welcoming, seating and serving food, wine and drinks to guests, taking relevant food/drinks orders and providing explanations of the menu, offering guidance and making recommendations (when required).
- Assist in the set-up and clearing down of the Restaurant, Bar and Terrace before/after meal service, replenishing/organising supplies for smooth running of operations, ensuring that the environment is always well-stocked, maintained and cleaned to a high standard, (both during and after service).
- Daily Line Management responsibility for Food & Beverage Assistants, incl. organising work rotas, supervising & training new team members etc., as required.
- Taking Restaurant bookings via ‘phone, in personal and on the system, and processing payments at Point of Sale e.g. via PDQ machine (incl. setting up and closing down of Restaurant at start/end of day).
- Ensuring all our guests receive the highest levels of hotel service provision at all times, in line with agreed standards, consistently delivering superior customer service, so as to exceed guest expectations.
- To be aware of and fully observe current liquor licensing laws.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the company handbook and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and in line with the Company’s Food Charter.
- Deal efficiently and courteously with all guest enquiries, comments and complaints.
- To attend work consistently well groomed, in uniform, as per agreed company personal presentation, punctuality/attendance standards.
- To be fully aware of hotel facilities, services and activities, pro-actively upselling (where possible).
The Restaurant Supervisor role requires flexibility in terms of shifts.
Experience preferred, ideally of working in an AA Restaurant; full training will be given. We are looking for people with an outgoing, friendly and confident personality, who have good interpersonal, communication and organisation skills. You should be well-presented, have a welcoming manner and be able to multi-task well.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted