Terms: Full Time
Site: West Lodge Park
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a RECEPTIONIST at WEST LODGE PARK HOTEL
This prestigious country house hotel is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette. The hotel has 58 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar.
This is a full-time position (40 hours – 5 day week)
to include evenings and weekends, as per the rota
Actively promotes the company’s family values with an operational responsibility for a busy reception shift, checking in / out of all guests, attending to all guests needs, handling of transactions, calls and in-person enquiries efficiently and professionally, excellent communication and customer care skills, positive staff morale, high level of personal presentation, a welcoming personality and a can-do attitude.
Operational & Communication
Thorough attention to detail, maintaining high levels of staff morale, fantastic customer care, positively promote company documentation, communication with all management, staff and suppliers, innovative approach to sales and marketing, maintaining reception standards by using SOP manuals. In conjunction with the Front Office Manager, a Receptionist contributes to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure that the reception department runs smoothly at all times, demonstrating a knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties.
- Ensure all guests are welcomed and checked in and out of the hotel and computer system with the minimum of delay and with the highest level of hospitality being extended.
- Ensuring the correct and appropriate accommodation is allocated to guests.
- Strive to try and fulfil all guest's requests throughout their stay. Guests who may not be staying in the hotel should also be given the highest level of service possible.
- Deal with internal and external enquiries (including phone calls) efficiently and effectively with the highest level of customer service and professionalism at all times. This includes proactively assisting in the front Lounge to welcome, direct and help guests/visitors when required.
- Ensure good communication and co-operation between all departments, incl. Concierge and Reservations in particular, ensuring that relevant staff are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and, or, other departments.
- Proactively exceed the guest's expectations whenever and wherever possible, demonstrating a high level of customer service at all times.
- Ensure that the guest's bills on check-out are correct and are produced on relevant invoice paper.
- To ensure that all accounts balance with credit card machines and allowances are accounted for with the correct backup.
- To ensure that all charges are posted correctly and with the correct amount to guest's function accounts.
- Act in accordance with policies & procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems.
- Work with and alongside the Reservation team, covering the Reservation role when required
- Handle any comments or complaints with confidence and in line with company procedures/practices.
Beales Hotels, a family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible. We offer a range of benefits including:
- uniform and meals on duty
- generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- staff recognition scheme
- Discount card at the Galleria shopping centre
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Staff trips
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/ ) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)