Meeting & Events Coordinator
Site: West Lodge Park
A vacancy has arisen for a Part time Meeting & Events Co-ordinator at WEST LODGE PARK HOTEL in HADLEY WOOD, this prestigious country house hotel is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette. The hotel has 59 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar.
- Part Time role working 25.5 hours per week (24 hrs plus 30 mins. unpaid break per day)
- 9am - 5.30pm approx. 3 days per week, likely to be worked mainly on Thursdays and Fridays, and the third day being a weekday or a weekend on an alternating basis
- Fixed term Contract for 6 to 9 month approximately, due to Maternity Leave cover
Key Role Responsibilities:
Positively represent and promote the company, identify new business, communication with all management, staff and suppliers, innovative approach to sales and marketing, setting and maintaining conference and banqueting standards, reviewing and using SOP manuals. Maintaining high levels of staff morale and fantastic customer care.
- Attend daily morning briefing and weekly function sheet meeting, in the absence of the Senior Meetings & Events Co-ordinator
- Meet with clients and provide excellent customer care from initial show round to final details;
- Function diary management;
- Pro-active sales;
- Maintain strong client relationships;
- Ensure all function details are communicated to all relevant departments, via the function sheet, and updated where necessary;
- Ensure table plans, place cards and menus are accurately prepared;
- General office admin duties, answering telephone calls, filing etc.
- The ability to deal with enquiries, comments and complaints efficiently and effectively.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Suitable experience in a similar role, ideally within a Hotel or Hospitality Industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with good level of English (written and spoken)
- Extremely organised with a good eye for detail and strong multi-tasking skills
- Well presented, with a confident, welcoming manner and a professional approach
- Sound customer service and IT skills, including using Social Media.
- an outgoing, friendly personality and a good team player.
Beales Hotels, a 9th Generation family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible.
We offer a range of benefits, perks and discounts, including:
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking
- Uniform provided for certain roles
- Live-in accommodation at discounted rate available, if required (includes meals and utilities)
- Generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- Staff recognition scheme, long service awards etc.
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)
We have been confirmed as a Covid safe workplace and have relevant precautions in place, as recommended by our Health & Safety Consultant and in line with Government guidelines:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place