Meeting & Events Coordinator or Meeting & Events Intern
Terms: M&E Coordinator or M&E Intern
Site: West Lodge Park
A vacancy has arisen for a Meeting & Events Coordinator OR a Meeting & Events Intern AT WEST LODGE PARK HOTEL in Hadley Wood
This prestigious country house hotel is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette. The hotel has 58 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar.
This prestigious country house hotel is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette. The hotel has 58 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar, a collection of old master portraits and 35 acres of grounds including the Arboretum with over 800 species of trees, a national collection of Hornbeams and a helipad.
We are currently looking for a part time Meeting & Events Coordinator at West Lodge Park Hotel, or would consider an individual interested in working as an Intern on a full time 12 month fixed term contract.
- Communicating with clients (over the ‘phone and via email), plus meeting with clients face-to-face to deal with enquiries about potential functions, business meetings, conference bookings, celebrations, special events etc. at West Lodge Park;
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships, whilst providing excellent customer care, from initial enquire, show round, to final details, in line with highest company hotel service standards, whilst proactively upselling where possible;
- Attend daily morning briefing and weekly Function Sheet Meeting, in absence of the Meeting & Events Sales Manager; including explain in-room and hotel facilities.
- Various administration and planning duties including Function Diary Management, producing table plans, place cards, menus etc. accurately and in a timely manner and with good attention to detail;
- Regular liaison with other hotel departments to ensure that all function details are kept up to date and communicated to the relevant team members, including special guest requests/requirements etc.
- General office administration duties, incl. answering the telephone, Word Processing to create/update various documents, using Microsoft Office (e.g. Word & Excel), filing etc.
- Ensuring all our guests receive the highest levels of hotel service provision at all times, in line with agreed standards, consistently delivering superior customer service, so as to exceed guest expectations.
- Deal efficiently and courteously with all guest enquiries, comments and complaints.
- To attend work consistently well groomed, in uniform, as per agreed company personal presentation, punctuality/attendance standards.
- To be fully aware of hotel facilities, services and activities.
M&E Coordinator = Part Time, permanent role, working 3 days per week in Meeting & Events Office, to include alternative Saturdays (and occasional weekends if required)
M&E Intern = Full Time role, on a 12 month Intern placement, working 40 hours per week over 5 days (3 days p.w. in Meeting & Events Office and x2 days per week on Hotel Reception Desk) to incl. alternative Saturdays (and occasional weekends, if required). There is a possibility of a permanent contract at end of 12 months Internship period.
The Meeting & Events Coordinator or Intern role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong good organisational skills, with good attention to detail. This should be combined with a confident and professional approach to all dealing with guests/visitors and highest levels of personal presentation.
Experience preferred, ideally of working in a similar Event Coordinator, sales or Reception role/similar, and full training will be given. We are ideally looking for people with an outgoing, friendly and confident personality, who have good interpersonal, communication, including a fluent level of spoken and written English. You should be extremely well-presented, with immaculate grooming and communication skills and a welcoming manner, so that you can connect well with guests from all over the world. Good attention to detail, organisation and the ability to multi-task are essential requirements.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted