Kitchen Porter - Kitchen team
Terms: Up to Full Time
Site: West Lodge Park
A vacancy has arisen for a KITCHEN PORTER at West Lodge Park Hotel, Hadley Wood, Hertfordshire, a prestigious country house hotel, rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire.
This prestigious country house hotel is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette. The hotel has 59 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar.
We are looking to recruit extra staff to join our regular casual team, with a variety of hours / shifts available, including breakfast shifts, some daytime term-time shifts, evening shifts, weekend shifts.
Flexibility is required with regard to hours, which may vary considerably from one week to the next (in line with our business needs); there are no guaranteed hours and you may sometimes be required at short notice.
We are initially hiring on casual contract (zero hours) but there is possibility some roles may become permanent in the future (subject to business need and individual performance).
- serving food and drink in our Restaurant, Bar and Terrace (where possible and as in line with current safety guidelines)
- serving food and drink in our private functions rooms for meetings, events like Weddings/celebrations etc. (where allowed and as per Covid safety guidelines)
- Setting up for service and clearing down at end of shift operations, including some cleaning/tidying
- ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are demonstrated at all times
The ideal candidate:
Experience is preferred but not essential, as full training will be given.
However, we are looking for people with confidence, good customer service skills, who are well-presented, good team players and have a willing can-do attitude.
Beales Hotels, a 9th Generation family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible.
We offer a range of benefits, perks and discounts, including:
- Free parking
- Uniform provided (for certain roles)
- Generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- Staff recognition scheme, long service awards etc.
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)
We have been confirmed as a Covid safe workplace and have relevant precautions in place, as recommended by our Health & Safety Consultant and in line with Government guidelines:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place