Kitchen Porter (with live-in accommodation)
Terms: Full Time
Site: West Lodge Park
A vacancy has arisen for a KITCHEN PORTER at West Lodge Park Hotel (with live-in accommodation, if required)
We are looking for someone to join our 4* AA Rosette Kitchen Team at this prestigious country house hotel, rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire.
- Working hours 45 hours per week, over 5 day week, will include evenings and weekends as per the rota
- Salary on application
- Live in accommodation available (if required)
Your day-to-day duties could include:
- unloading deliveries
- organising the storeroom
- collecting and washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery
- getting pots, pans plates and cutlery back into use quickly
- washing and disinfecting kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- making sure kitchen equipment is properly stored
- removing and recycling waste from the kitchen.
- the ability to carry out tasks quickly
- the ability to lift, carry and move stores supplies, Kitchen equipment, crockery etc. around the kitchen areas
- the ability to work on your own and use your initiative
- the ability to remain calm under pressure and to follow instructions
- a good team player.
West Lodge Park Hotel has 58 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar. Beales Hotels, a family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible. We offer a range of benefits including:
- Live in accommodation at subsidised rate, if required (this includes up to x3 free meals per day and utilities)
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking and uniform
- Generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- Staff recognition scheme, long service awards etc.
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Various staff trips
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted. Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)