Terms: Full Time with Live in Accommodation if required
Site: West Lodge Park
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a DEPUTY MANAGER at West Lodge Park Hotel
A family owned, 4 Star, country house hotel, set in 34 acres of beautiful gardens in Hertfordshire, yet just 12 miles from central London.
This a key Operational and Management role; the main purpose of this role is to monitor and ensure the delivery of high level hotel operational standards (incl. exceptional levels of customer service), provide inspirational leadership, dealing effectively with guests, management and staff to keep the hotel running smoothly.
Full Time - Live in Accommodation available
Operational & Communication
- Operational and management responsibility for the day to day running of the hotel (when deputising for the General Manager in their absence) by providing leadership and direction to ensure all operational departments deliver an exceptional service to all customers.
- Assist GM with line management of all HODs, leading and guiding the HODs to organise and manage their teams well, so that all departments perform to the highest standards of operational procedures and with the highest levels of hospitality and customer service being extended at all times.
- Monitor and ensuring the smooth running of all aspects of food and beverage service daily in the absence of the GM, incl. Restaurant, Lounge, C&B, Kitchen, so that all guest dining and bar experiences are exceptional, through great food, fantastic engagement of our team and comfortable/inviting environment.
- Work with the GM in leading, developing and empowering employees to deliver operational best practice, identifying opportunities and making recommendations for improving efficiency and quality of service.
- Monitor operational standards and positively promote company documentation, policies & procedures, ensuring operational tasks are carried out in line with company procedures, SOP manuals, service standards etc.
- Deputise for the General Manager, act as Duty Manager and also assist operationally as required (including overseeing and running functions, the Restaurant/Bar/terrace etc.)
- Troubleshoot emergencies, deal with complaints and promote a professional image to all customers, giving full co-operation and assistance to any customer requiring attention.
- Review and monitor weekly departmental rotas, to ensure employee productivity is maximised through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling so that staffing levels are in line with business demands and also meet the financial budgets and targets of the hotel and the business.
Financial & Cost Awareness:
A determination to exceed all financial goals and exploiting opportunities for growth within the business.
- Assist GM and HODs in managing finances within budgeted parameters and maximising profits, proactively manage costs based on the budgeted P&L figures and development plans.
- Involvement in formulating business strategy and initiatives, to proactively analyse and exploit Responsible for ensuring key cost controls of the business are in place to achieve appropriate financial margins in line with budget/ forecast (e.g. Payroll, Revenue, Food and Beverage margins etc.)
- Actively participate in any revenue and sales activities operated by Beales plus any specific operational activities and take every opportunity to promote and upsell products.
Training & Development:
Creating a training and development culture, ensuring all members of the team have the opportunity to grow and ensuring good HR and Training & development procedures/practices.
- Assist in training, monitoring, developing and coaching the HODs and team members, to ensure they have current knowledge of hotel products, service, pricing, policies and are continuously trained to learn and understand SOPs, standards and relevant policies & procedures.
- Attend and participate in all relevant training and development and ensure that the team do so too.
- Involvement in regularly update SOPs and related operational policies & procedures, as required.
Health & Safety:
Ensuring a diligent approach to all health and safety obligations so that the team comply with all statutory and legal requirements.
- Good knowledge of the key role within all emergency hotel evacuations and ensuring a diligent approach to all health and safety obligations, incl. good awareness and involvement in security procedures, taking the lead/assisting with hotel evacuation in cases of emergency, as required etc.)
- Assist the GM in compliance with hotel security, fire regulations and all H&S legislation, Risk Assessments and audits and company procedures/guidelines
- Carry out Risk Assessments and Audits when required, working with the hotel H&S representative
- Attend and participate in all relevant Health & Safety training and development arranged and ensure the hotel team members do so too.
The ideal candidate will possess:
Skills & Qualifications
Strong leadership, excellent customer care, positive staff morale, a can-do attitude and actively involved in company decision making. To have the ability at all times to do the utmost for staff, customers and the company.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of Food and Beverage related Management or Operational role, within a quality hospitality/leisure/customer facing environment (ideally within a 4* Hotel/similar).
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, with experience of managing and
developing people within F&B and customer focussed hospitality environment
- Strong operational and organisation skills, with a hands-on and lead-by-example work style to deliver an exceptional performance and guest experience
- Excellent levels of both written and spoken English are essential, as is attention to detail, along with
good numeracy and a good level of IT proficiency.
- Good level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities, with previous experience of managing a
department and Profit and Loss account would be ideal.
- Professional, flexible and resilient, with ability to work under pressure and ability to multi-task so as to
successfully manage conflicting work priorities
- Commitment to delivering an excellent level of customer service and high operational service
standards, with excellent personal presentation standards
- Ability to work on your own, collaboratively with management and also as part of a team, with
- flexibility in work schedule (ability to work all shifts incl. weekends and holidays) in line with business
- Relevant level of Food Safety Certificate, Wines and Spirits qualification and / or Personal Licence holder would be preferable.
Beales Hotels, a family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible. We offer a range of benefits including:
- free meals on duty and free on-site parking
- generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- staff recognition scheme and Long Service awards/recognition
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Staff trips
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted