Terms: Full Time
Site: West Lodge Park
A vacancy has arisen for a full-time BREAKFAST CHEF at WEST LODGE PARK in Hadley Wood
This prestigious country house hotel is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette. The hotel has 58 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar.
Terms: Full-time Hours: 45hr–5 day week, including evenings and weekends as per the rota.
Salary on application.
As a breakfast chef you would be responsible to prepare and deliver breakfast service, providing a high standard of fresh food in a busy hotel restaurant. Oversee the checking of all early morning deliveries.
Also, be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen on a daily basis and take full responsibility and accountability for the Breakfast Shift. Additionally, ensuring that all policies and procedures laid down by management are implemented.
- Take control of the breakfast service and ensure guests receive a truly delicious and memorable breakfast
- Cooking and managing breakfast service and assisting with lunch service.
- Setting up and cleaning down the kitchen after breakfast.
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean and hygienic at all times.
- Ensure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Ensure all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Ensure all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- Ensure the department is operated within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up-to-date.
- Ensure any anticipated issues are communicated promptly to the Head Chef.
- Monitor and Ensuring that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Personal grooming and appearance standards are met regarding cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and regulations.
- Have a good knowledge on health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities, HACCP and any other legislation.
- Able to handle pressure calmly and professionally.
- Attend training courses as and when required.
- Hours of work are normally 6am to 3pm.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- Passion for cooking
- Friendly outgoing personality along with excellent personal presentation.
- Passionate about producing high quality food.
- Able to tackle every task given to you with the highest levels of enthusiasm.
- Be an excellent team player
- Relevant experience gained in a similar environment is desirable.
- 28 days paid annual holiday (including bank holidays)
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- Generous hotel discounts after 6 months service
- Staff meals and uniform
- Annual staff Boat trip
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/ ) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)