Terms: Full Time
Site: West Lodge Park
WEST LODGE PARK HOTEL have an exciting opportunity for a full time Bartender.
- Working hours 42.5 hours per week, over 5 day week, will include evenings and weekends as per the rota
- Competitive Salary plus generous gratuities
- Live in accommodation available (if required)
West Lodge Park Hotel is a country house hotel and is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette. The hotel has 58 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar.
As a Bartender, you will have an important role in interacting with our guests and visitors, and helping the Bar and Restaurant Team to deliver a 4* luxury service Bar Service at all times and making their stay/visit a great experience.
Your day-to-day duties could include:
- Providing a quality daily Bar Service, preparing and serving hot and cold drinks, cocktails, wine and other alcoholic drinks etc.
- Daily interaction with guests and visitors, being personable, attentive and proactive, responding quickly to the needs of the guests/visitors (and managers) to provide a 4* service
- maintaining bar and lounge standards, in line with company Standard Operating Procedure manuals for Bar & Restaurant
- Maintaining high hygiene standards within the bar, including diligent beer line cleaning (training can be provided)
- General cleaning and setting up of Bar area, including stock control, rotation etc.
- Ability to prepare and serve a variety of drinks, including hot/cold drinks, alcohol etc.
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working in a busy quality bar environment
- A passion for excellent service, genuine interest and enthusiasm for hospitality
- Possess excellent English and communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team
- Excellent presentation skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to maintain a calm and confident disposition at all times
- Hold a relevant beverage certificate (e.g. basic Wines And Spirits WSET) or similar would be preferred, but not essential (training can be given).
West Lodge Park Hotel has 58 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar. Beales Hotels, a family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible. We offer a range of benefits including:
- Live in accommodation at subsidised rate, if required (this includes up to x3 free meals per day and utilities)
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking and uniform
- Generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- Staff recognition scheme, long service awards etc.
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Various staff trips.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted. Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)