Terms: Part time (30 hrs per week approx.) or Full Time (40 hours per week approx.)
Site: West Lodge Park
A vacancy has arisen for a Kitchen Apprentice / Trainee Commis Chef at West Lodge Park Hotel, Hadley Wood
- Competitive salary
- 30-40 working hours per week, worked over 4 - 5 days per week, as per rota (to include weekdays, evenings, weekends, as per business needs)
- Fully funded (free) Apprenticeship Vocational Training alongside paid work.
This prestigious country house hotel, set in 35 acres of beautiful grounds, is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette 70 cover restaurant and up to 200 covers for banqueting, with a focus on local produce and fresh food. The hotel has 58 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar.
Learning how all relevant areas of the kitchen operate;
- Assisting in setting up and preparing kitchen for daily food service;
- Assisting with cold preparation, e.g. washing, peeling, preparing fruit and vegetables (and in the longer term assist in the preparation of meat & fish)
- Cleaning the kitchen, including washing up (filling/emptying sinks and dishwashers), general cleaning etc.
- Putting away stores – dry, fresh and refrigerated products;
- Be pro-active in ongoing stock rotation of kitchen stores/food supplies, and be aware of food wastage
- working towards assisting the Commis Chef and Chef de Partie in running a kitchen section, as required
- Be aware of food wastage
- positively promoting kitchen standards.
This job opportunity includes the chance to complete Vocational Qualification over 12-14 months, with free training provided onsite at work (no need to attend College). You will work as a paid employee and have Training alongside this every 4-6 weeks.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a genuine interest in and commitment to working in a Professional Kitchen;
- Be passionate about using and cooking with fresh produce and delivering a quality service;
- Have the drive and determination to learn how to run a section (in the medium/long term);
- Resilience and commitment to work hard in an often highly pressurised environment;
- Have good communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team;
- Be punctual and reliable;
- Be willing to study a Vocational Qualification at same time as working.
Beales Hotels, a 9th Generation family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible.
We offer a range of benefits, perks and discounts, including:
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking and uniform
- Excellent opportunities for development.
- Generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- Staff recognition scheme, long service awards etc.
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted. Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)