Human Resources Administrator
Terms: Part Time
Hours: 3 Days per week, 7 hours per day
Site: West Lodge Park Hotel and Beales Hotel
Salary: on application
An exciting vacancy has arisen for a HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR at Beales Hotels.
We are proud to be a customer focused, independent family run company since 1769. Beales Hotels consists of two very diverse, individual hotels; West Lodge Park Hotel in Hadley Wood and Beales Hotel in Hatfield, both 4 Star Rated AA Rosette Hotels, with stylish interiors, luxury finishes and excellent service standards.
The HR Administrator will have responsibility for HR and Payroll Administration for both Hotels, with strong HR and Administrative skills, excellent communication and organisation skills and professional, can-do attitude.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all HR and Payroll Admin. duties relating to Starters, Leavers, and contract amendments, incl. creating & issuing contracts of employment and other related documents, system/spreadsheets input, and regular liaison with Accounts Officer/Assistant re. Payroll administration.
- Pre-employment and compliance checks e.g. checking passports/work permit/visas and employment references.
- Involvement with collating staff attendance information from electronic clocking-in machine.
- Recording, and processing administration task relating to holidays, sickness & SSP, SMP, SPL, Shared Parental Leave etc. including passing relevant information to Accounts Officer/Assistant for Payroll administration.
- Record/amend/calculate Wages, Annual Leave records/accruals, incl. keeping up to date with National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage requirements etc.
- Help all departments with recruitment e.g. budget sign-off & Authority to Recruit in liaison with Senior Management.
- Responsible for monitoring and recording when 13 Week Probationary Reviews are due, and diarising to remind and prompt Line Managers.
- Prepare posters for monthly Birthdays, Anniversaries and New Starters
- Administer the monthly Hotel ‘Simply The Best’ staff reward scheme
- Keeping Personnel Files and records up to date
- Updating the Beales Hotels Organisation Chart
- Assist Senior HR Coordinator with other HR admin. related duties as required, including arranging interviews, diarising Line-Manager HR action required, updating Role Profiles etc.
- Assisting with any other administration, HR, T&D duties, including note-taking at meetings, as required.
A copy of the Full Role Profile available from our HR Coordinator.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of HR and Payroll administration and related processes
- Good IT skills, incl. good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel (to intermediate level) & PowerPoint
- Be highly organised, numerate with attention to detail and ability to multi-task effectively
- Possess excellent written and all round communication skills, as well as tact, diplomacy and confidentiality, which are particularly essential for this role
- Flexible, with ability to manage own workload as well as working as part of a team, when required
- Ability to remain calm and professional, especially when working under pressure or to strict deadlines
- Be able to converse effectively with staff at all levels, hotel guests and third party suppliers etc.
- Clean Driving Licence and ability to travel between both hotel locations e.g. car owner
- Experience of HR Admin. specifically within Hospitality Industry would be advantageous.
Beales Hotels are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible. We offer a range of benefits, perks and discounts including:
- uniform and meals on duty
- generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- staff recognition scheme
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Staff boat trips.
Want to apply for this vacancy?
Please apply with CV and covering letter to HR Coordinator, via email, as follows:
email@example.com, or via post at Beales Hotels Head Office, C/O West Lodge Park Hotel, Cockfosters Road, Hadley Wood, Herts. EN4 0PY.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
Please note that only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or download an application form