Terms: 45hr–5 day week
Site: Beales Hotel
A vacancy has arisen for a SOUS CHEF at Beales Hotel, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, a stunning, contemporary 4 star Hotel with award winning AA Rosette Restaurant, rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire.
- Hours: 45hr–5 day week, including evenings and weekends as per the rota
- Competitive Salary on application
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Sous Chef to join our Kitchen Brigade. The ideal candidate will be career-minded and hardworking with a passion for food. Previous experience of working as a Sous Chef is preferred, or an experienced Chef de Partie looking to develop. Good work ethic, motivation, aptitude and commitment are essential.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- have good culinary skills and experience of working as a senior Chef in previous role, preferably in a quality restaurant/culinary environment
- able to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- be organised and precise, with a keen eye for detail
- ability to deal with deliveries and stock rotation, and maintain high standards of food hygiene
- have food safety training and relevant culinary qualifications
- have good interpersonal and communication skills and be good at working as part of a team
- have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations
- have a solid understanding of kitchen hygiene standards and procedures to ensure hygiene compliance
- Proven line management experience required
- enthusiastic, motivational, creativity and someone who strives for excellence.
Beales Hotels, a 9th Generation family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible.
We offer a range of benefits, perks and discounts, including:
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking and uniform
- Generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- Staff recognition scheme, long service awards etc.
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted
Please note that only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)