Terms: Full time
Site: Beales Hotel
A vacancy has arisen for a full time Reception Supervisor AT BEALES HOTEL in HATFIELD
This prestigious stunning, contemporary 4 star hotel has an award winning restaurant and is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette. The hotel has 53 bedrooms, up to 13 conference and banqueting rooms, OutsideIn Restaurant and Talkbar, plus a collection of original bespoke modern artwork displayed in public areas and bedrooms. Situated just off junction 3 of the A1(M) and only 4 miles from the M25, it is conveniently situated as the ideal venue for business meetings, as well as private events like Weddings and Celebrations.
We are currently looking for a full time Reception Supervisor to join the Reception and Front Office Team at Beales Hotel, Hatfield. A Receptionist provides reception services for Guests to contribute to an overall exceptional experience, from check-in through check-out.
This is a full time position (40 hours – 5 day week) to include evenings, weekends etc. as per the rota.
- A Receptionist/Reception Supervisor provides reception services for Guests to contribute to an overall exceptional experience, from check-in through check-out.
- Achieve positive outcomes from Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure an efficient reception experience for Guests, including taking reservations, payments, carrying out check-ins/checkouts and complete audit procedures, as required.
- Ensure that both the Front Office Manager (and Deputy) and Reception Staff are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and, or, other departments.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times, as a Reception team member contributes to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must conduct themselves and perform their tasks to the highest standards.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties.
- Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities.
- Use the correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems.
- Follow company standards in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and attend appropriate training courses, when required.
- Ensure all our guests receive the highest levels of hotel service provision at all times, in line with agreed standards, consistently delivering superior customer service, so as to exceed guest expectations.
- Deal efficiently and courteously with all guest enquiries, comments and complaints.
- To attend work consistently well groomed, in uniform, as per agreed company personal presentation, punctuality/attendance standards.
- To be fully aware of hotel facilities, services and activities, pro-actively upselling (where possible).
- Daily Line Management responsibility for Reception staff, including supervision, rota planning, training etc. as required.
- Support Front Office Manager (and Deputy), as required.
The Reception Supervisor role requires flexibility in terms of shifts, excellent levels of communication and personal presentation/grooming standards.
Experience preferred, ideally of working on Reception in a quality Hotel environment or customer-focused Industry; training will also be given. We are looking for people with an outgoing, confident personality, who have good interpersonal, communication and organisation skills. You should be professional, literate and numerate, with a welcoming manner and ability to multi-task, working well on your own and as part of a team. Competent level of IT proficiency and good attention to detail are essential, as is positive attitude and commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted