Meeting & Events Co-ordinator
Terms: Part time
Site: Beales Hotel
A vacancy has arisen for a Part time Meeting & Events Co-ordinator
at BEALES HOTEL in Hatfield – a stunning, contemporary 4 star hotel with 53 bedrooms and an award winning restaurant
25 Hours per week
Salary on application
Positively represent and promote the company, identify new business, communication with all management, staff and suppliers, innovative approach to sales and marketing, setting and maintaining conference and banqueting standards, reviewing and using SOP manuals. Maintaining high levels of staff morale and fantastic customer care.
Attend daily morning briefing and weekly function sheet meeting, in the absence of the Senior Meetings & Events Co-ordinator.
- Meet with clients and provide excellent customer care from initial show round to final details;
- Function diary management;
- Pro-active sales;
- Maintain strong client relationships;
- Ensure all function details are communicated to all relevant departments, via the function sheet, and updated where necessary;
- Ensure table plans, place cards and menus are accurately prepared;
- General office admin duties, answering telephone calls, filing etc.
- good interpersonal and communication skills
- sound customer service and IT skills, including using Social Media.
- a smart presentation and welcoming manner
- an outgoing, friendly and confident personality
- the ability to deal with enquiries, comments and complaints efficiently and effectively
Excellent communication skills and a strong eye for detail, combined with a confident and professional approach are necessary attributes.
About Beales Hotel:
A stunning, contemporary hotel with 53 bedrooms and an award-winning restaurant, Beales Hotel is a family owned business. We are committed to developing the team and promoting from within where possible, and offer a range of benefits including:
- uniform and meals on duty
- generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- staff recognition scheme
- Discount card for the Galleria Shopping centre
- 4 weeks holiday, rising to 5 weeks after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Staff boat trips
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.