Hotel Welcomer / Porter (Concierge)
Site: Beales Hotel
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Welcomer/Porter (Concierge) at Beales Hotel, a stunning modern hotel, rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire.
- Competitive salary
- Part time position - working 24 hours per week over 3 days per week as per rota (to mainly include weekends and some weekdays, evenings etc. as per business needs)
- The Welcomer/Porter works closely with the Reception and also the Conference & Banqueting Team, to welcome and assist guests and visitors to the Hotel, plus be involved with other Portering tasks, in line with Hotel standards. Main tasks include:
- Welcome/greet, direct and assist guests/visitors on arrival and when leaving the Hotel
- assisting reception, helping with luggage, showing guests to room
- service of drinks and light refreshments (in function/meeting rooms and public areas)
- setting up and clearing away function rooms to SOP standards
- servicing of function rooms throughout the day
- keeping the lounge areas tidy.
- Show highest level of customer service and professionalism at all times, especially in all interaction with our guests/visitors. This includes proactively assisting in the front Lounge to welcome, direct and help guests/visitors when required.
- Proactively exceed the guest's expectations whenever and wherever possible, demonstrating a high level of customer service at all times, maximize customer satisfaction and respond efficiently and accurately to customer feedback/complaints
- Have the ability and interest in developing the role in future, e.g. work towards assisting C&B Manager or Duty Manager with running small functions/meetings/events in future.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous experience in a Welcomer/greeter or Porter or Waiting role within a hospitality/customer-focused industry preferable, though training can be given.
- Ability to lift, carry/move furniture and equipment regularly to set up function/meeting rooms, including carrying guest luggage etc.
- Good level of communication skills, with ability to interact with guests visitors and a good level of spoken English
- Positive attitude and professional, with high levels of personal presentation and grooming standards.
- Proactive, welcoming and committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Flexible, proactive and able to work on your own as well as part of a team.
West Lodge Park Hotel has 58 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar. Beales Hotels, a family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible. We offer a range of benefits including:
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking and uniform
- Generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre and other various discounts/perks
- Staff recognition scheme, long service awards etc.
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
- arious staff trips.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted
Please note that only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)