Terms: Full Time
Site: Beales Hotel
HOTEL RECEPTIONIST - Full Time at Beales Hotel.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Receptionist at Beales Hotel, Hatfield, a stunning, contemporary 4 star Hotel with award winning AA Rosette Restaurant, rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire.
- Competitive salary
- Full Time position - working 40 hours over 5 days per week as per rota (to include weekdays, evenings, weekends, as per business needs)
The Receptionist role has responsibility for checking in/out of all guests, attending to all guests needs, handling of payment transactions, calls and in-person enquiries efficiently and professionally etc. This role contributes to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the key Receptionist tasks to the highest standards, including:
- Ensuring that the reception department runs smoothly at all times, demonstrating a knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties.
- Ensuring all guests are welcomed and checked in and out of the hotel and computer system with the minimum of delay and with the highest level of hospitality being extended, incl. allocating the correct and appropriate accommodation to guests and that the guest's bills on check-out are produced and issued in line with correct procedures
- Striving to try and fulfil all guest's requests throughout their stay. Guests who may not be staying in the hotel should also be given the highest level of service possible.
- Dealing with internal and external enquiries (including phone calls) efficiently and effectively with the highest level of customer service and professionalism at all times. This includes proactively assisting in the front Lounge to welcome, direct and help guests/visitors when required.
- Ensuring good communication and co-operation between all departments, ensuring that relevant staff are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and/or other departments.
- Proactively exceeding the guest's expectations whenever and wherever possible, demonstrating a high level of customer service at all times, maximize customer satisfaction and respond efficiently and accurately to customer feedback/complaints.
- Ensuring that all accounts balance with credit card machines and allowances are accounted for with the correct backup and that all charges are posted correctly and with the correct amount to guest's function accounts.
The ideal candidate will possess:
The relevant IT, telephone and communication skills, with the ability at all times to do the utmost for staff, customers and the company, including:
- Previous experience in Reception role within a hospitality/customer-focused industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and numerate
- Positive attitude and professional, with high levels of personal presentation and grooming standards.
- Proactive, welcoming and committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail is essential, as well as good problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, proactive and able to work on your own as well as part of a team.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, as well as competent level of IT proficiency.
Beales Hotels, a 9th Generation family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible. We offer a range of benefits including:
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking and uniform
- Generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- Staff recognition scheme, long service awards etc.
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted. Please note that only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)