Food and Beverage Manager
Terms: Full Time
Site: Beales Hotel
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Food & Beverage Manager at Beales Hotel, Hatfield, a stunning, contemporary 4 star Hotel with award winning AA Rosette Restaurant, rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire.
- Competitive salary + gratuities
- Full Time position - working 45 hours over 5 days per week as per rota (to include weekdays, evenings, weekends, as per business needs)
This role will be to oversee the smooth and efficient running of the Restaurant, Conferences and private events within the hotel, ensuring all guests are given a warm welcome and personal attention throughout their stay. The ideal candidate will be able to deal confidently with any problems as they arise and possess the ability to ensure the team deliver a consistently smooth and quality 4 * hospitality service. This is very much a hands-on role and will include serving food and drink, as well as Management Duties.
Main Responsibilities include:
- ensuring the correct preparation and service of all conferences, meetings and private functions and service in Restaurant and bar
- implement and maintain 4* hotel quality service standards across the F&B and C&B Team
- Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
- Duty Management shifts, when required
- Organising staff rotas
- Recruiting, inducting and training new staff
- Carrying out annual staff performance reviews, leading and inspiring the team, so as to get the best of out them operationally.
Keys skills required:
- excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- ability to anticipate customer needs and exceed expectations
- professional, yet friendly and approachable manner
- enthusiasm and commitment to achieving high standards
- Aware of trends and propose ideas to build the range and quality of Conference and Banqueting, Restaurant and Bar offering/services
- management / supervisory experience essential
- awareness of relevant health and safety preferable.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- previous experience in a similar role, with a passion for hospitality and delivering a quality service
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good organisation as multi-tasking required
- high standards of personal presentation and an outgoing, friendly and confident personality
- literate and numerate, with good sales/upselling skills and attention to detail
- proven ability and experience of leading and motivating a team, creating an efficient and effective working environment, ensuring a quality and standard driven approach
- The ability to problem solve and deal with complaints in a positive and professional manner.
Beales Hotels, a 9th Generation family owned business, are committed to developing their team and promoting from within where possible. We offer a range of benefits including:
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking and uniform
- Generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre, Lifestyle discounts scheme and other perks and discounts
- Staff recognition scheme, long service awards etc.
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays).
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
In line with General Data Protection Regulations (25.5.2018), please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, (https://www.bealeshotels.co.uk/about-us/careers/) which contains important information about how Beales Hotels collect and use your personal information (including CVs and job applications etc.)