Site: Beales Hotel
A vacancy has arisen for a full-time BREAKFAST CHEF at BEALES HOTEL in Hatfield
a stunning, contemporary 4-star hotel with award winning restaurant
Salary on application
to include weekends as per the rota.
As a breakfast chef you would be responsible to prepare and deliver breakfast service, providing a high standard of fresh food in a busy hotel restaurant. Oversee the checking of all early morning deliveries.
Also, be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen on a daily basis and take full responsibility and accountability for the Breakfast Shift. Additionally, ensuring that all policies and procedures laid down by management are implemented.
- Take control of the breakfast service and ensure guests receive a truly delicious and memorable breakfast
- Cooking and managing breakfast service and assisting with lunch service.
- Setting up and cleaning down the kitchen after breakfast.
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean and hygienic at all times.
- Ensure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Ensure all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Ensure all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- Ensure the department is operated within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up-to-date.
- Ensure any anticipated issues are communicated promptly to the Head Chef.
- Monitor and Ensuring that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Personal grooming and appearance standards are met regarding cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and regulations.
- Have a good knowledge on health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities, HACCP and any other legislation.
- Able to handle pressure calmly and professionally.
- Attend training courses as and when required.
- Hours of work are normally 6am to 3pm.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- Passion for cooking
- Friendly outgoing personality along with excellent personal presentation.
- Passionate about producing high quality food.
- Able to tackle every task given to you with the highest levels of enthusiasm.
- Be an excellent team player
- Relevant experience gained in a similar environment is desirable.
- 28 days paid annual holiday (including bank holidays)
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- Generous hotel discounts after 6 months service
- Staff meals and uniform
- Annual staff Boat trip
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted
Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted