Director of Music, Paul Jaffa
"OurDirector of Music Paul Jaffa is here for your listening pleasure on most Friday nights, Saturday nights and Sunday lunchtimes."
– Andrew Beale, Managing Director
He has been with us at West Lodge Park for over a decade. We do hope you enjoy his music.
Paul carries a vast repertoire in his head encompassing thousands of songs from 20th century standards to more contemporary music and so can not only easily accommodate any requests you may have but, in fact, actually relishes the challenge!
Should you be planning an event with us, we encourage you to come and see him play and he will then discuss your requirements for which you may just want him and his keyboard or with his group, comprising female singer, saxophonist, guitarists and drummers to make your event really swing. The “key” (excuse the pun!) with Paul is always total flexibility. For any private functions he will even locate and learn any specialist songs, however obscure, that really mean something to you. His professionalism and standard is exactly what you come to expect from the West Lodge Park experience.
If you'd like to contact Paul you can find his details below:
P: 07949 884 245
Music in function rooms at West Lodge Park, your country retreat :
1. Our basic music policy can be summed up thus: We want you and your guests to enjoy yourselves but no one should disturb the quiet enjoyment of any other guests at the hotel.
2. The function rooms are fine period rooms, built in 1838 without insulation from the bedrooms above.
3. As guests’ bedrooms are located directly above our function rooms, music is permitted to be played until 11pm and no later
4. If you wish to have a longer period of music at your function, we respectfully suggest starting your event sooner to allow more time for your guests to enjoy the time after the meal.
5. Function room doors must remain closed to avoid noise disturbing our other guests in the Mary Beale restaurant, Terrace bar, lounges and bedrooms
6. The following bands come recommended by our Director of Music, Paul Jaffa
7. The Paul Jaffa House Band - keyboard, female vocals, acoustic guitar, backing - 07949 884245
Shadowman and the Silhouettes – contact Paul Jaffa for more details
If you are booking your own musicians, they must be approved by our Director of Music Paul Jaffa in advance.
No bands that have not been cleared by Paul in advance will be permitted.
8. Loud amplified music, discos and DJs are strictly forbidden.
9. Sound meters are used and a maximum decibel limit is 85db.
10. Acceptable instruments include
Strings (violin/viola/cello/double bass)
Singers (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass)
Controllable electric drums
11. Instruments not permitted include
Trumpet and trombones
12. Acceptable music genres at West Lodge Park include
13. Unacceptable music genres at West Lodge Park include
Drum and bass
Heavy Metal etc
14. West Lodge Park is a Country Retreat hotel and reserves the right to cancel any music if it is felt to be inappropriate, or to ask you to reduce the volume at any time.
Updated August 2017
Enjoy stunning views from any window in our restaurantView the Arboretum
Privileged accommodation room rates for special events 2017:
(a) Classic single £110 Bed & Breakfast
(b) Classic double/twin £130 Bed & Breakfast
(c) Executive double/twin £140 Bed & Breakfast
(d) Luxury Double/twin £160 Bed & Breakfast
Executive bedrooms in the hotel are larger in size and Luxury bedrooms are even larger, set a little distance from the hotel in the gorgeous grounds.
All our bedrooms are individually named and decorated with stunning views over either the Beale Arboretum, the formal gardens of the hotel, or the wider open spaces of the Enfield Chace.