...to Dave Seward, Katie Field (pic right) and the WLP team for record breaking room sales in the week ending 27th May when 394 rooms were let – an occupancy for the week of 97.8%. Simply not good enough, guys!
...to Daniel Healey and Colin Bates for promotions to Food and Beverage Manager and Maintenance Manager at Beales Hotel respectively
...to Steve Luckhurst from the Estates team voted WLP hotel Champion March to June 2007
to Aimie Chatfield Training and Development Manager (pic left), Lauren Pryor Business Development Manager (pic middle) and Dave McIntyre WLP from BB
Check out the latest improvements to www.bealeshotels.co.uk
1. New WLP home page
2. New Group Green page
3. New WLP Christmas page
4. New BH History page
5. New WLP Cedar Restaurant page
6. New BH Meet the team page
7. New WLP contact page
Latest web statistics from guests writing reviews of our hotels: (not many write to us anymore, they tell the whole world instead!); on www.laterooms.com, 89% said they would stay at WLP again, while 87% said they would recommend the hotel to friends; on www.laterooms.com, 91% said they would stay at BH again, while 93% said they would recommend the hotel to friends; on www.activehotels.com, 57 reviewers awarded WLP 8/10, while 73 reviewers awarded BH 9/10 (the second highest in Herts out of 64 hotels); on www.tripadvisor.com, reviewers awarded WLP 4/5 and BH 3.5/5
Green news! At WLP work has begun on replacing the boilers which were installed by Trevor Beale in 1971.
The boilers have done well to have lasted 36 years, but the new ones will be much more efficient, saving the environment annually 214.2 tonnes of Co2 and 58.4 tonnes of Carbon, as well as saving £22,480 in bills each year. The total cost of the boilers is some £160k and we expect funding for half the cost to come from an interest free loan from the government sponsored Carbon Trust.
The first of the Annual Health and Safety Audits have been completed by Nick Tilley for both hotels.
· WLP scored 64% with the comment that "there has been a good start in implementing the new company health and safety policy".
· BH scored 84% with the comment "very good efforts have been made by the management team to compile the risk assessments".
My thanks and congratulations to both teams but in particular to Chris Hall at WLP and to Matt Gundy at BH. First blood to BH, I reckon!
all downloadable in their entirety from www.bealeshotels.co.uk
· At BH a wonderful new menu from Chef Mark Harris (pic above right) and his team, incorporating for the first time Tapas dishes, and complete flexibility as to where and when our guests can order their food, with the same menu in Outside In, Talk Bar, and the bedrooms, and available 10-10 daily.
· At WLP, new Food and Drink Menu from Exec Chef Wayne Turner and his team for the Terrace Bar, Lounges, bedrooms and the outside terrace, including Tapas for the first time. The new Breakfast menu includes an emphasis on local products such as Hertfordshire eggs, Mineral water and sausages, Essex preserves, and Buckinghamshire yoghurts.
who should visit WLP recently? Only two of the most famous people in the UK (or the world?) – David Beckham and Gordon Ramsay (together with Phil Neville and Alan Smith). They enjoyed their meal created by Sous chef Barry Crossley and it was a great opportunity for a photo-call at the end! (see pic above right).