...to all who contributed to an excellent Christmas and New Year in Beales Hotels. WLP had the first Christmas in living memory where every bedroom was sold on the 24th and 25th December, as well as 10 private family suite functions on Christmas Day and Boxing Day and sell-outs in the Cedar Restaurant on both days. New Years Eve was a record 147 covers.
even more spectacular growth up from 23 covers on Christmas Day last year to 183 this year, including 4 private functions, and December sales over 40% up, including an occupancy of over 81% in the first three weeks. None of this is by chance – a combination of great staff and management, excellent sales and marketing programmes, constant web updates, and teams at both hotels who say "yes" rather than "no" when a guest enquires about Christmas.
Look out for the new Group brochure, new Meeting of Minds, new Celebrate Together, new WLP Special Events 2007, new illuminated panel at WLP.
to Beverley Doidge, p.a (pt) to the Managing Director.
• Room 21 WLP has been completed, and work starts now on Room 20.
• The Restaurant corridor carpet for BH has been ordered – this will cut down noise to Outside In and to Bedroom 1.
• The BH Buckland Deck is now complete and looks stunning at night, creating an outside space for Buckland suite guests in the warmer months.
• Nick and Kathryn Beale planted a Fagus Sylvatica in the Beale Arboretum at WLP (see pic right)
• New carpet is ordered for the WLP front lounge, foyer, Lancaster and Chandos rooms, as well as a wide variety of associated works
• On 2nd January, a new TDH menu will start at WLP – Lunch Naturally – priced at £10 for one course, £15 for two and £20 for three, while in the evening, Dinner Naturally will be priced at £15 for one course, £20 for two and £25 for three. All these prices include coffee and mints and are designed to counter the perception of WLP as an expensive place to eat, as well as being more aligned to business travel budgets. This new offer will be accompanied by advertising, banners, web marketing, and flyers.
• A 2007 resolution for the menus in Beales Hotels is to source ever increasing amounts of local produce from the Hertfordshire and North London area, in tune with current trends for local food.
To wish all our customers, staff, management and suppliers a very happy New Year!