...WLP and BH football teams for a close fought contest in the recent 11 a side match, resulting in 3-2 win to WLP on this occasion
...Katie Field on reaching the 5 year milestone at WLP, seen here with David Seward and Andrew Beale.
...Derek Menson from the Cedar Restaurant team (pic right)- Champion at WLP Jan – Mar 07
to Mark Harris who re-joins the team at BH as Head Chef, working alongside Executive Chef Wayne Turner and Sous Chef Diego Granada, who has done a great job holding the fort in the kitchen at BH over recent months.
to Iain Murray (pic right) who moves to pastures new with all our very best wishes
• Check out the new WLP Christmas 2007 brochure online
• Enjoy new BH special offers and bedroom pages
The most intensive period of refurbishments at WLP for many years is under way with the following areas complete or almost complete.
• Front lounge – new carpet, lighting, curtains, furniture, ceiling roses, paint
• Reception – new carpet, better steps, wider check-in area, new lighting
• Car park – 4 new disabled spaces created, new white lining, substantial patching, new loading bay area and turning circle
• Room 4 – new furniture, carpet, curtains, flat screen TV/DVD, Four poster bed.
• Lancaster Suite – new carpet
• Terrace – new ecru umbrellas
• Lodge 4 – new central heating
• Room 43 – new chairs
• Spa/jacuzzi – new automatic dosing system, and sand filtration system
• new furniture and umbrellas have been bought for the terrace areas a lovely new garden created to the rear and smart new troughs made for black bamboo planting. A wonderful new terrace is about to be created at the hotel in May.
The Strategic business plan for the company for the next 5 years is being finalised this month and will be online soon. Exciting developments include 20 new bedrooms at BH, Restaurant and Bar major scheme at WLP, Visual One at WLP and HO, and a Spa at WLP – all this to come in the next 5 years as well as a continuous upgrading of all our other facilities. Exciting times as we concentrate on the Hertfordshire area and on the 4 star hotel market.