Margaret Winter who has completed 15 years’ service at West Lodge Park this month.
Margaret is seen receiving her framed certificate and vouchers from Tony King and David Williams.
– have a look online at www.bealeshotels.co.uk to see a copy of our new tree planting offer – available to anyone holding a function at WLP, BH or BB. The opportunity to plant a tree to celebrate a special occasion, or in memory of a loved one, is something special that to my knowledge no other hotel offers.
Congratulations to David McIntyre and Didier Malo for passing their Appointed Person First Aid Course. Several staff have signed up for numeracy training as a distance learning course with one-to-one tutor support following the NVQ model with Buckinghamshire County Council. Literacy training is also available.
Hatfield & Estates:
Congratulations to Nicola Kuklys and Grant Cook who have been awarded Level 2 Certificates in First Aid by NCFE. Units achieved are – Introduction to First Aid and Basic Life Support, Medical Conditions, Trauma and Paediatric First Aid.
Visual One Systems are training at Hatfield from 2nd - 5th May and 5th – 7th June. Visual One software will be rolled out across the rest of the company.
Safiya at West Lodge Park:
Congratulations to Litsa Nicolaou, Irene Sparsi and Emma Sewell who have completed Elemis Exotics training in 5 new treatments. Congratulations also to Emma for completing Elemis Aromastones training and to Irene for completing further make up lesson training. Don’t forget all staff receive 50% off all treatments (except soft surgery) and 20% off all retail products in Safiya!
The company history page is now live on the home page of www.bealeshotels.co.uk. Written by Trevor Beale, it details the rise of the company since 1769 with the first bakers shop in Oxford Street.
In the last 6 weeks, over 18,000 visitors have come to the website, with over 3,300 downloads of brochures from the WLP and BH parts of the site (figures for BB are not yet available). Each visitor spent an average of 5 minutes on the site. This shows huge growth in traffic to the website and the downloads are an indication of serious enquirers rather than casual surfers, saving our reception and C&B teams a huge amount of work in sending brochures out.
- The freshly painted bollards make the front entrance very welcoming now.
- Room 43: refurb is almost complete – then 11 and 21 to follow.
- Bedroom corridors are next in the pipeline for upgrade
- Plans are under way for new signage to the hotel.
- The fence separating us from the Comet Square development is now up and looks superb, at no cost to ourselves.
- Platinum Garden Co. start work as our contract gardeners at the hotel this week.
- The number of smoking rooms at BH is being substantially reduced as a result of guest comments.
- A mobile bar is being made for the Bishop Suite
- Christmas lights are now up permanently at BB as they look so stunning (on a dusk to 11pm sensor)
- Heating system in the Claydon Suite is almost repaired now.
Picture of WLP front drive without hedge
The year is over now, and with sales static at WLP and BB, it has been BH that has led the way with a new management team in place and exciting like-for-like sales growth in the last 6 months. It is my responsibility now to ensure that WLP and BB get back on track and move forward into 2006/07. My thanks to all who have been involved in making this a positive year for Beales Hotels and we can all look forward to the new year 2006/07 with some optimism.