To Bena Marjoram for reaching 80 years and still an active and hard working member of the Beales Hotel team in Hatfield. It is a joy to have you with the team Bena and we look forward to at least another decade before your retirement! (right: Bena pictured with Tony, Julie and Andrew)
To Stuart Dixon for 25 years serving at West Lodge Park performing a wide range of jobs over the years. A pleasure to have you as part of the team Stuart. (Right: Stuart pictured with Tony, David and Andrew.)
To Dave Seward and the BB team on the recent AA inspection which has recorded a 2% rise to AA3 Star 67%. Also the recent Best Western inspection which the hotel passed with flying colours, with the inspector overheard saying to his boss that this hotel was one of the success stories.
• 10 bedrooms have been refurbished
• The Reception looks a lot smarter after a recent repaint
• 2 large trees that were blocking a lot of lights to Chardonnays Restaurant have gone
West Lodge Park
• The pond in the top field has been dug out to create a permanent water habitat for wildlife - at present it dries out in summer
• New tiebacks are on order for Public Rooms
• Planning permission is complete for walls & signs at the foot of both drives
• Health & Beauty Rooms are being upgraded and renamed 'Safiya'
• New slabs at the front look very smart with tables, chairs & unbrellas giving a contemporary look.
• A plan for the third floor of bedrooms is being sent to the Planning Department of Welwyn Hatfield Council with the aim of achieving outline planning permission for an additional 16 bedrooms, including 5 deluxe suites.
• Permission has been created for the Comet Square Development adjacent to the hotel and work is due to start on this very soon. This is in spite of formal objections that we lodged to the Council.
To Neil Oakman, Head Gardener West Lodge Park, on his recent wedding at the hotel to Sue.