Terms: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Site: West Lodge Park
Salary: £5.00 per hour
Apprentice required to work in the Kitchen at West Lodge Park Hotel - a stunning, Country House 4 star hotel with award winning restaurant. Exciting opportunity to act as a trainee Commis Chef, assisting all Kitchen staff (including Commis Chef and Chef de Partie) with the running of our 4 Star AA Rosette kitchen, whilst working towards a Level 2 QCF (NVQ) Kitchen Diploma Qualification (in-house).
You will work a minimum 30 hour week over 5 days, to include evenings and weekends as per the rota, in line with business needs.
Main Duties of the role:
- Learning how all relevant areas of the kitchen operate;
- Assisting in setting up and preparing kitchen for daily food service;
- Assisting in cold preparation, e.g. washing, peeling, preparing fruit and vegetables (and in the longer term assist in the preparation of meat & fish);
- Cleaning the kitchen, including washing up (filling/emptying sinks and dishwashers), general cleaning etc.
- Putting away stores – dry, fresh and refrigerated products;
- Be pro-active in ongoing stock rotation of kitchen stores/food supplies and aware of food wastage;
- work towards assisting the Commis Chef and Chef de Partie in running a kitchen section, as required;
- Positively promoting kitchen standards and work safely within required Health & Safety Standards.
- Be committed to following the relevant Apprenticeship Training Programme;
- Must have a genuine interest in and commitment to working in a Professional Kitchen;
- Resilience and commitment to work hard in an often highly pressurised environment;
- Though basic knowledge of cooking is advantageous (training will be given), individuals must be passionate about using and cooking with fresh produce;
- Good communication skills, with ability to work well as part of a team;
- Punctuality and reliability are essential;
- Good customer care skills;
- Have the drive and determination to learn how to run a section (in the medium/long term).
- 28 days paid annual holiday (including bank holidays)
- Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- Generous hotel discounts after 6 months service
- Staff meals and uniform
To apply, please send full C.V. with covering letter to Sally Tustain, HR Coordinator email@example.com
If you are interested in joining Beales Hotels, please have a look at our current vacancies. To apply for any of the positions here, click here to download an application form.