Food & Beverage Manager
Site: West Lodge Park
- Attract and recruit team members with the Beales manner showing that they have the right culture, attitude and can develop superb skills to ensure that the Beales brand of truly engaging hospitality is delivered each and every time
- In line with all people and development guidelines and agreed ways of working, follow all people management systems to the benefit of the Beales’ culture and personal development for all, including appraisals, succession planning and job chats.
- Create a supportive, fun and creative working environment developing talent and demanding a quality and standard driven approach throughout each and every member of the team
- Ensure that your team are wearing the appropriate clothing for their role and maintain a high standard of personal grooming
- Develop and coach all associated Supervisors/Managers providing support and succession opportunities through learning and development and keeping them abreast of organizational changes
- To assist & co-ordinate the team tasks on a daily & weekly basis, so that all Food and Beverage requirements from guests are met to the required standard and on time.
- Ensure all legislative training is adhered to and carried out effectively and efficiently.
- To promote a helpful and professional image to the customer, giving full co-operation to any customer requiring attention
- To anticipate customer needs whenever possible to enhance the quality of service offered by the hotel, to ensure customer loyalty is maintained
- Carry out Duty Management shifts if and when required.
- Take an active role within the operational senior team, helping to shape the overall offer of the location to its customers
- Work with the General Manager in any occasion of Customer dissatisfaction to enable a position of recovery and “wow” to overcome any negativity
- To exceed the departmental profit targets
- To identify new opportunities in order to increase profit contributions and cost control in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that all Beales processes and procedures relating to financial activities, record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including timely and accurate reporting of financial information
- Assist and support inventory management and on-going maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets
- To control Stock ordering and monitoring within budgetary constraints ensuring cost efficiency
- Responsible for ensuring there is a vibrant sales culture in place within the department, proactively try and exceed sales budgets in the Restaurant/Bar/M&E department
- Proactively manage costs based on the budgeted P&L figures
- Ensure tight management of all operational sales underpinned with strong controls
- Through all interactions drive top line sales whilst maintaining a strong focus on the cost base
- Maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial budgets and targets of the property and therefore the business – whilst ensuring that customers are wowed and receive fantastic service
Health & Safety
- Ensuring a diligent approach to all health and safety obligations
- Appointed health & safety representative for the hotel
You will be expected to work according to the needs of the business and be present for your team at all times of high sales.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- free meals on duty
- generous hotel discounts after six months’ service
- discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
- staff recognition scheme
- 20 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (plus Bank Holidays)
If you have the skills and experience required, please apply with covering letter and full cv to Sally Tustain HR Co-ordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in joining Beales Hotels, please have a look at our current vacancies. To apply for any of the positions here, click here to download an application form.