Site: West Lodge Park
VACANCY FOR FULL-TIME Conference & Banqueting Porter
This prestigious country house hotel is rated as one of the best 4* hotels in Hertfordshire, holding 1 AA Rosette. The hotel has 59 bedrooms, 7 conference and banqueting rooms, Restaurant and Terrace Bar, a collection of old master portraits and 35 acres of grounds including the Arboretum with over 800 species of trees, a national collection of Hornbeams and a helipad.
you will work a 45 hour week over 5 days, to include evenings and weekends as per the rota.
Requirements of the role:
- A passion for excellent service, genuine interest and enthusiasm for hospitality
- To be attentive and proactive with the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the guests and managers
- Possess excellent English and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a calm and confident disposition at all times
- Ensure the conference and banqueting rooms are set up and fully serviced for the day’s business.
- Ensure that all facilities requested by those hiring the rooms are available.
- Assist with the setting up of the conference rooms to the pre-defined criteria.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- Effectively participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards and performance levels.
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- Work in accordance with standard procedures within each department.
- Keep staff/work areas tidy, safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management.
- excellent opportunities for development
- 28 days paid annual holiday (including bank holidays)
- Discounted gym membership
- Generous hotel discounts after 6 months service
- Staff meals and uniform
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted
If you are interested in joining Beales Hotels, please have a look at our current vacancies. To apply for any of the positions here, click here to download an application form.